BOST Oil Contamination Committee To Submit Report To Parliament's Energy and Mines Committee

| Updated Nov 23, 2017 at 10:03pm

 

Minister of Energy, Boakye Agyarko

 

The Minister of Energy, Boakye Agyarko, says no individual will be allowed to lift contaminated oil from Ghana’s Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company, BOST.

This, is one of the interim measures put in place to prevent the supply of contaminated fuel onto the Market following the BOST scandal.

In July, this year reports emerged that contaminated fuel from BOST had been sold to two unlicensed companies which were later sold onto the market.

But speaking on the floor of Parliament, Mr Agyarko said at no point did BOST release contaminated oil onto the market.

He said the contaminated oil though was more than 483 thousand left BOST tanks to private tanks, it never entered the public to cause havoc.

Mr Agyarko said the Committee inaugurated to investigate the contaminated oil saga has completed its work.

He said the report will be submitted to the Mines and Energy Committee of parliament after which it will be made public.

He said measures have been put in place to avoid contamination.

The National Petroleum Authority is drafting regulation to cover crude oil and petroleum product and supply.

Any service provider that is non-compliant will have its license withdrawn.

GBCONLINE



POST A COMMENT 0